“ I want to tell you Claire that that is a lie, and it should be nailed once and for all, now over to Stephen and he is an independent journalist, that isn’t true. The Shinners, the Shinners and the party that negotiated it, Fianna Fail, come out from meetings and say “well, that’s not what they’re saying to us”. I’m saying that that’s what they’re saying to us and that’s what Fianna Fail negotiated” Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Pat Rabitte on 1st December 2012, the Claire Byrne show on RTE – podcast here, from 42:00
He was responding to this comment from presenter, Claire Byrne.
“But Stephen [journalist, guest], can I ask you a question, has it [the property tax] been imposed by the IMF, because the other political parties who meet with the Troika representatives on a fairly regular basis, say they don ‘t care where the money gets the money from, they’re not saying ”
This is what the Memorandum of Understanding with the bailout Troika says with respect to Budget 2013.
- Labour ministers resort to bare-faced lies on national finances (namawinelake.wordpress.com)
- Budget 2013: Fianna Fail calls for more taxes on higher earners, alcohol and junk food (independent.ie)
- Michael Noonan insists Budget 2013 will be fair (independent.ie)
- U-Turning Our Way to Somewhere Else (irishleftreview.org)
- In the Republic Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael supporters more enthusiastic for UI than those of Sinn Fein (sluggerotoole.com)