Taoiseach Enda Kenny ruled out a decision today on the nation’s bank debt at a planned meeting with German chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin.
“Our meeting today is not about making a decision on a deal for Irish bank debt,” Mr Kenny said in a video posted on the Government’s news website this morning.
“That matter will be discussed and negotiated by the Minister for Finance during the course of 2013.”
Ms Merkel and Mr Kenny issued a joint communiqué on October 21st saying Ireland was a “special case” in relation to its banking debt.
The leaders issued the statement to calm concern sparked by earlier comments by the German leader ruling out retroactive bank recapitalizations by the European rescue fund
see full article at source:
This Gombeen twit has again shown the nation what an absolute idiot he is .Merkel is kicking him around the school yard and he is telling everybody she is his best friend .What an idiot! We are never going to get anything from Berlin or anywhere else .Remember in the boom times anywhere in the world where Irish showed up to buy property we were given a different price as people knew we would pay the higher prices and so it is with this Gombeen from Ireland he is only the tea boy and with a clap on the back this fool comes back to the Dail with the latest dictates from Berlin and of course this twit will try and convince the nation he is getting things done . God help us from self serving political leaches like this one!
- Kenny to meet Merkel in Berlin (irishtimes.com)
- Taoiseach meets Merkel to discuss Irish finances & Presidency (newstalk.ie)
- To The People of Ireland : You are been lied to ,Bambeluzeled,and Hundwinked (thepressnet.com)
- Germans name Kenny as ‘European of the Year’ (independent.ie)
- State will not need a second bailout – Taoiseach (independent.ie)
- After Mrs. Merkel’s Irish Jig, Are Ireland’s Problems Solved? (forbes.com)