In view of what is happening in the Ireland of today. As our Independence has been sold off to faceless German bondholders, I was thinking what could individuals could do, particularly businesses owners ( shop owners) and the thought occurred to me ,why don’t we ask all our shops to display their business names in Irish. With this is mind I took a stroll down the town to see how many of our shop fronts actually had their name in Irish and the sad fact it just one.
Yep that is correct just one business has gone to the bother to put its name in Irish! I call upon all the followers of this blog in Wicklow town to ask the various shops in the town to consider in putting their names in Irish .Lets have something different and something to show the tourists when they come visiting .lets reminded them they are in a Proud Irish town. This action could be done in every Irish town!
What do you think this small step would do for our Irish language?
As a thank you to this business owner I intend to pay a visit and spend some money there! If you are in Wicklow Town do call in to this business and spend a few bob as a thank you for his support of the Irish language .
Thomás O Cléirigh
- Petrol prices in Wicklow have reached new highs in Wicklow (thepressnet.com)
- Irish rap and street music scene the underbelly of the new Irish republic ??? (thepressnet.com)
- Home Help Cuts (thepressnet.com)
- Gilmore’s Labour Think-In (thepressnet.com)
- European Commission ‘regrets’ bailout report leak | Irish Examiner (thepressnet.com)