Occupy Wall Street began to disintegrate in rapid fashion last winter, when the weekly meetings in New York City devolved into a spectacle of fistfights and vicious arguments.
Punches were thrown and objects were hurled at moderators’ heads. Protesters accused each other of being patriarchal and racist and domineering. Nobody could agree on anything and nobody was in charge. The moderators went on strike and refused to show up, followed in quick succession by the people who kept meeting minutes. And then the meetings stopped altogether.
In the city where the movement was born, Occupy was falling apart.
“We weren’t talking about real things at that point,” says Pete Dutro, a tattoo artist who used to manage Occupy’s finances but became disillusioned by……
full article at source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-occupy-disarray-spirit-lives-170803396.html
What happened to the Irish movement ?? It was taken over by who and what???
I think the death nail was when a group reportedly from the occupy movement decided to support these millionaires see link http://thepressnet.com/2012/04/22/occupy-dame-street-is-a-spent-force-and-have-lost-their-way/
- How do you revive Occupy Wall Street? Occupy Wall Street. (csmonitor.com)
- Several arrested on Occupy 1-yr anniversary march (sacbee.com)
- Several Arrested on Occupy 1-Yr Anniversary March (abcnews.go.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Plans Comeback (huffingtonpost.com)
- Occupy Wall Street protesters attempt to reignite their movement in New York (photoblog.nbcnews.com)