By AMARY CAROLAN
“mesmerisingly complex” scheme devised by bankrupt businessman Seán Quinn and members of his family to put multi-million assets beyond the reach of the former Anglo Irish Bank and “to feather their own nests” is the largest and most devious seen to date in the Commercial Court, a judge said today.
Mr Justice Peter Kelly said he has presided over the Commercial Court since 2004 and regrettably was having to deal more often with cases involving “national and international fraud, sharp practice, chicanery and dishonesty”. However, he had never seen anything like the conduct in this case.
He made the remarks when granting an application by Irish Bank Resolution Corporation, formerly Anglo, for appointment of Declan Taite as receiver over the worldwide assets of various Quinn family members and over various foreign companies allegedly involved in the asset stripping scheme and based in Belize, Panama, Russia and United Arab Emirates. The Quinns consented to those orders.
full article at source:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0725/breaking46.html
- ARRESTED: Former Anglo Irish Bank Officials Appear in Court (americankabuki.blogspot.com)
- Fiancee was paid six-figure salary from Russian firm before wedding (independent.ie)
- Anglo Irish Bank will turn screw on Quinn matriarch (independent.ie)
- Former Anglo Irish Bank chief executive, Sean Fitzpatrick, arrested (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Bankrupt Irish billionaire Sean Quinn’s son and nephew jailed (irishcentral.com)
- Sean Quinn not entitled to defend action which could result in €2.3bn judgement – courts (independent.ie)