An interesting speech given by the IMF Managing Director, Ms Christine Lagarde to the Annual Leaders’ Dialogue Hosted by Süddeutsche Zeitung last night. Here are some extensive exerts from it and my thoughts – sketched out, rather than focused – about her ideas.
Part 2 of the speech focused on the need for breaking the cycles of the crisis(that amplify risks to the economy, including global economy). Do note – coincidentally, the theme is exactly identical to my forthcoming Sunday Times article and to the research note currently awaiting legal clearance (both will be posted here early next week).
full article at source: http://trueeconomics.blogspot.de/2012/06/962012-why-imf-vision-on-ea-crisis-is.html
- “Completing the Task: Financial Sector Reform for Stability and Growth” Address to the Annual Leaders’ Dialogue Hosted by Süddeutsche Zeitung By Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Europe worried about crisis impact (ekathimerini.com)
- IMF Managing Director Lagarde Calls For Strengthening Financial System With Better Crisis Management Tools (eurasiareview.com)
- IMF head: fixing European banks critical to boosting global economy (panarmenian.net)
- Christine Lagarde’s perverse praise for Latvia’s economic ‘success’ | Mark Weisbrot (guardian.co.uk)
- Greek chief tax inspector says Christine Lagarde right to criticise evasion (telegraph.co.uk)
- Spain Moves Closer to Bailout of Ailing Banks (nytimes.com)