This morning has seen the publication of the Central Statistics Office (CSO) residential property price indices for Ireland for April 2012. Here’s the summary showing the indices
- at their peak (various months in 2007 depending on type of property and location)
- the NAMA valuation date (November 2009)
- 12 months ago (April 2011)
- the start of this year (end December 2011)
We haven’t seen the bottom yet and if we pass this latest treaty demanded by Berlin I fear we will be seeing a lot lower prices as more austerity will cripple ordinary workers ability to even save for the prevail rainy day. Fear of job loss and no credit not to mention fuel prices (home heating and petrol) and ever more social taxes on the way (Water, rain, and household charges) is it any wonder? I bet we will be seeing Dublin apartment prices coming down to the mid fifties by the end of next year!
- Challenge to Austerity (thepressnet.com)