“The IMF is threatening Greece that they will stop paying bailout instalments if the new government disagrees with the future austerity measures as outlined,” an IMF official to the Dow Jones news agency said last night (writes The Greek Reporter)
According to the news agency, the creditors will wait until Greek parties form the new government, but they do not intend to change their plans. On the contrary, they call on Greeks to obey the ‘rules’ and observe the pledges.
- John Ward – Euroblown : New ‘Yes And No Perhaps’ Threat Form IMF To Greece: Greek Politicians Told To Ignore Electorate Or Lose Out – 8 May 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- In Victory, Greek Left Says: No Bailout, No Austerity (commondreams.org)
- Greek exit ‘would not kill the euro’ (news.com.au)
- Europe austerity crisis: Q & A (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Greek crisis will fast expose Hollande (todayonline.com)
- Greek election impasse heralds lengthy instability (todayonline.com)