In an article in the Sunday Independent newspaper, Mr Ahern said he was “deeply saddened” by the tabling of a motion to expel him from the party which he led for 14 years.
Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin yesterday confirmed his intention to seek the expulsion of Mr Ahern, former EU commissioner Pádraig Flynn and three others after they were criticised in the Mahon report.
Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan has instructed the head of the Criminal Assets Bureau to take charge of investigations arising out of the planning tribunal’s report which identified widespread dishonesty and corruption in public life.
full article at source:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0324/breaking68.html?via=mr
This Gombeen politician should be in Jail, there are people in Jail because they have not paid their TV licence and this creep is raking in 157,000 euro from the people of Ireland every year .Where is justice in Ireland today .Corruption ,,Fraud ,bullyboy tactics and outright gansterisem is rewarded in the political system we are allowing to continue .We must now get up off our knees and take back our country from the likes of this creep and his buddies who continue to protect outright criminals on fat pensions and state perks .For God sake Ireland Get a set of Balls and get up and fight back!
- ‘Dropping Bertie’ also denudes Fianna Fail of the very best of its recent history… (sluggerotoole.com)
- Micheal Martin: Ahern to be expelled for “conduct unbecoming a member of Fianna Fáil” (sluggerotoole.com)
- Interview with Senator Mary White of Fianna Fáil… (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Judges: Ex-Irish leader Ahern took secret payments (newsok.com)
- Ex-Irish PM Bertie Ahern took secret payments, judges say (ctv.ca)
- Ahern failed to tell truth over mystery €165,000 (independent.co.uk)
- Bertie Ahern Corruption Evidence ‘Untrue’ (news.sky.com)
- Former Irish PM Ahern lied over finances-inquiry – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Fianna Fáil fight serves Michéal Martin well – but he needs more (guardian.co.uk)
- The Mahon Report… (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Ahern failed to account for IR£165,000, Mahon finds (teddyoshea.wordpress.com)